To directly upload files to the panel, you can head to the File Manager tab, and drag-and-drop the files to the screen.
When trying to directly upload a folder to the file manager, you will encounter an error that reads:
Failed to get multipart form data from request.
You will need to archive the folder using a tool like 7Zip or WinRAR and upload it that way.
Once uploaded, you can press the three dots and press the Unarchive button.
The following archive types are supported:
On the panel, we’ve built in a tool to import your server’s files from another host or server directly into the panel. This tool is located in the File Manager tab, and is the Import Files button. Refer to the GIF below for a visual example.
There, you can fill in the fields with the details of the SFTP/FTP/FTPS
credentials from your old host. Normally, the base directory can be left as
default for most users, unless you only want to import a specific folder. For
example, if you only want to import the
plugins folder, you would fill the
/plugins and the panel will disregard all other files except for that
Once you’ve filled in the fields, you can press the Import Files button.
This will import all of your server’s files, like your server’s configuration
files, such as the
server.properties file, and your server’s plugins, and
worlds (unless you specified otherwise).
Importing via SFTP
SFTP is a secure way to transfer files from your computer to the panel. This is a great way to upload your server’s files to the panel, and is the recommended way to upload your server’s files especially if the files are stored on your computer, or if the files are larger than 100MB.
- Download a SFTP client such as WinSCP (recommended) or FileZilla.
- Once installed, head to the Settings tab, and press the Launch SFTP button.
- You will be prompted with a window to enter your SFTP password, it will be the same password used to log in to the control panel.
- Locate the files/directories on your computer that you want to transfer, and drag-and-drop them into the window of your FTP client. This will upload the files to the panel and a rough ETA (estimated time of arrival) will be displayed normally at the bottom of the screen.
The speed of the transfer may seem significantly low, however in most cases that is due to importing hundreds (sometimes even thousands!) of several smaller files rather than one big file.
Download files from a URL
You can also download files from a URL directly into the panel. This is a great way to download a plugin, a resource pack or a server JAR from a website and upload it directly into the panel.
- Head to the File Manager tab, and press the Download from URL button.
- You will be prompted with a window to enter the URL of the file you want to download. You can also enter the name of the file you want to download, and the location you want to download it to.
- Once you’ve filled in the fields, you can press the Download button. This will download the file from the URL, and upload it to the panel.